Complaints Policy

Our policy

  • Hitachi Capital Vehicles Solutions is committed to ensuring that our customers are at the heart of our business and our products and services are designed with this in mind.

    We aim to treat our customers fairly and consistently, as we would wish to be treated ourselves, but we know we do not always get everything right. If things do go wrong, we will do our best to clear things up quickly and fairly.

  • We take all complaints seriously and aim to resolve them fairly and promptly.

    Whilst your complaint is being investigated, you will receive updates on the progress of the investigation either by telephone or in writing.

    The information shown below provides an overview of how we deal with complaints, how long it takes, and who to get in touch with.

How to get in touch


  • Once we have received your complaint: We will try to resolve it straight away or within three business days from receipt, and will provide you with a Summary Resolution Complaint letter. However if we have been unable to resolve your complaint by the close of three business days, we will follow the steps below.


  • Within 5 working days of receiving your complaint: We will write to you, either to acknowledge receipt of your complaint, or to respond on the matters you have raised.
  • Within 4 weeks: If we are unable to provide you with a final response at this stage, we will write to you to explain the reasons why and when we expect to be able to provide it.


  • Within 8 weeks: We will provide our final response with full details including the outcome of our investigation.


  • If we are unable to resolve your complaint within eight weeks of receipt, we will write to you explaining the reasons for the delay and give you an indication of when we expect to be able to provide a resolution.

We want to be able to resolve your complaint to your full satisfaction however, if you feel our response to your complaint does not fully address all your concerns, please let us know so we can understand if there is anything more we can do.

If you are not satisfied with our response to your complaint, you may be able to refer the matter to the Financial Ombudsman Service. We will advise you in our final response letter to you.

They can be contacted in the following ways:

The Financial Ombudsman Service
Exchange Tower
E14 9SR

The Financial Ombudsman Service offers a free, independent complaint resolution service.

You have the right to refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service, free of charge – but you must do so within six months of the date of the final response letter.

If you do not refer your complaint in time, the Ombudsman will not have our permission to consider your complaint and so will only be able to do so in very limited circumstances. For example, if the Ombudsman believes that the delay was as a result of exceptional circumstances.

Third Party Referrals:

If a complaint is received by us which is the responsibility of one of our partners your complaint will be referend by us, to them. We will also write to you confirming that your complaint has been referred on and includes partner details

PPI Complaints:

If you have a complaint regarding PPI, please contact us on the details below:

  • Write: Hitachi Capital, 3 Lombard Street, London, EC3V 9AA
  • Telephone: 0345 8722 160 (Opening hours are 9am – 5pm Monday – Friday)
  • E-mail:

Online Dispute Resolution (ODR)

You may also be able to use the ODR platform, set up by the European Commission, to raise a complaint. Please bear in mind that complaints submitted through this channel will be redirected to Financial Ombudsmen Service (FOS) for action.

Contact the British Vehicle Rental Leasing Association (BVRLA)

If you are unhappy with our final response and your complaint relates to end of contract damage, rejected vehicles or a breach of the BVRLA code, we will let you know within our final response letter if you are entitled to refer your complaint to the BVRLA.

However, if your complaint is able to be considered by the Financial Ombudsman Service then the BVRLA does not replace this and you should refer your complaint to the FOS in the first instance.